Making a cake can’t get simpler than this! Dump everything together in a mixie and just blend it all together! While I love baking cakes the traditional way, sometimes when in a hurry I love to use such recipes. I was worried about the texture of the cake since no beating was involved – everything was just mixed in the grinder. But the cake came out very well!
This flavour of this cake reminds one of the Britannia cakes which come in small packages. If your kid (or you!) love the britannia cakes, definitely give this recipe a try. Its so easy-peasy!
"Britannia" style fruit cake
Author: North Ki Rasoi Se...
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Custard Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Mix maida, baking powder, sugar and custard powder thoroughly.
- Grease a 6x6 pan with oil and dust it with maida. Keep the pan aside.
- Break the eggs in a blender.
- Add oil and vanilla essence, blend it for a minute.
- Now start the mixer on slow speed and add the dry mixture (maida, sugar etc.) spoon by spoon and add the entire dry mixture this way.
- Pour the mixture in a baking dish and bake in pre heated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30-40 min.
- Cool the cake. Enjoy it with a hot cup of tea!