I fell in love with this recipe the moment I watched it. I like watching Donna Hay shows and true to her motto this is really a very simple recipe, one bowl recipe. No wonder she calls them “too easy blueberry muffins”!
We do not get fresh blueberries here in Hyderabad, so when I got hold of a box of frozen blueberries I knew I had to make this. My little picky eater who doesn’t like any fruit in her cake, ate this happily. Success!
Off topic or maybe not, I LOVE Donna Hay’s home. The pristine white kitchen….and the views!
You can watch her here: http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/15197/tooeasy-blueberry-muffins
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g fresh or frozen blueberries
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Place the oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a 12-hole ½-cup capacity (125ml) muffin tin lined with paper patty cases.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.