Its been really long since I have blogged any new recipe. So, I will get started with a “starter” recipe :). This is a very simple recipe with the classic combination of chicken and mushrooms. It makes for a great starter recipe for parties. For vegetarian alternative, you can make a stuffing of paneer or paneer + spinach.
Chicken Stuffed Mushroom
- 10-12 Mushrooms
- Few pieces of Boiled Chicken (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Grated Cheese
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stem. With the back of the spoon scoop out a thin layer of the mushrooms so that chicken can be stuffed well.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the mushrooms till the water is evaporated and the mushrooms shrink in size.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and keep them aside. In the same pan add 1tsp of oil and fry the chopped garlic. Once the garlic turns brown, add chicken and the scooped out mushroom pieces. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the mixture for about 4-5 minutes. Let the stuffing cool down a bit.
- Pre-heat the oven at about 180 degree Celsius. Stuff the mushrooms with the chicken stuffing and on top of the stuffing add generous amount of grated cheese.
- Bake the mushrooms for about 8-10 minutes or till the cheese melts and the top becomes brown.