I made these in December for our Christmas Party. The food blogging world was flooded with truffle recipes hence didn’t feel like blogging it then. These date and cocoa truffles are so easy to make and require few ingredients. You can adapt the recipe to your liking and can skip the alcohol if making for kids. One can add chopped nuts to the mixture or roll the date balls in desiccated coconut instead of cocoa. Or perhaps dip the date balls in melted chocolate.
A very healthy, easy and tasty dessert which can be made in no time. The recipe is from the lovely blog love food eat.
- 10-15 good quality soft dates
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil/coconut oil/rum/vanilla (optional)
- some unsweetened cocoa more to roll the truffles.
- De-seed the dates and process them with cocoa powder into a smooth paste.
- If it’s too hard (depends of your dates) use a bit of oil or alcohol to help it come together.
- Once done, scoop small bits out with a spoon and roll it between your palm to make truffles.
- Roll them over some unsweetened cocoa and store in an air-tight container.