This preparation is made by my mom frequently. She had learnt this recipe from one of her friends. I use Everest meat masala in this recipe. The meat masala comes quite handy when I want to make chicken in a hurry.
This is my entry for Chicken- My favourite
Punjabi Chicken Bhuna
- 250 gms Chicken
- 1 cup curds
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Coriander (dhania) Powder
- Whole Garam masala (2 Bay leaf, 2 Black cardamom, 2 Green cardamom, 2-3 Cloves and 1 " Cinnamom)
- 1 " Ginger piece
- 1 whole Garlic
- 2 medium Onions
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Everest Meat Masala
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 1-2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Jeera
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- Make a fine paste of onions, tomato, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
- In pressure cooker add oil. Add jeera and let it splutter. Now add whole garam masala. Sauté.
- Add the paste and fry till oil leaves edge of kadai.
- Add chicken, dhania powder, turmeric,salt, meat masala and curds. Mix well.
- Now add garam masala and water ( depending on how much thick gravy you want) and give 1-2whistles.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.