This cake was a big surprise for me! I could never imagine that a raagi (finger millet) cake would taste so yum :)! This recipe is from a cookery show.
Ilisa had stopped eating raagi sometime back and I was wondering how best to use the remaining raagi flour. I found an absolutely great alternative and healthy too! Raagi is gluten free and has whole lot of benefits.
Raagi Chocolate cake
- 100 gms Butter (softened)
- 150 gms Raagi flour
- 100 gms Sugar (powdered)
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 Eggs
- 5-6 tbsp Milk
- Chopped walnuts
- Sieve raagi flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a bowl, beat the butter till it is light and fluffy.
- Now add sugar and mix well with the butter.
- Now add beaten eggs gradually to the butter mixture and mix well. Add essence.
- Now add the raagi + cocoa + baking powder mixture and beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add 5-6 tbsps of milk and again mix well.
- Grease a cake tin with butter and pour cake mixture and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 180 Celsius for 30-35 minutes or till done.